Re: need help with Convenient OCR

paul lemm

Hi Shirley,

Convenient OCR in jaws is actually really good, plus nice and easy to use to. Firstly, nope you don’t require a camera for OCR, so all you’ll need to do is open up the  file your friend sent you, then all you need to do is press the jaws key and space bar, you’ll hear a click to confirm this has worked, then all you need to do is press the O key, at this point jaws will say OCR then just press the D key, this tells jaws to perform OCR on the whole document,  jaws will say OCR started, it will take a few seconds, then jaws will say OCR finished  and you’ll be able to read the whole document as if it was a text file.

Hope this helps

Paul

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Shirley Tracy
Sent: 19 September 2018 05:03
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: need help with Convenient OCR

Can someone please point me to detailed steps for using convenient OCR? Can I use it if I don’t have a camera?

Someone sent me some information I thought they were going to scan in and email to me. Instead, they took a picture of it and emailed that. I need the information. I never thought I would need to use the Convenient OCR in JAWS, so I never studied about it. And remember I have made it very clear that I’m not tech savvy. Having said that, I feel confident that I could retrieve the information the person sent to me if I could use something like the OCR that I read about in the JAWS help menu. I just don’t fully understand how to do it.

Thanks for any help.

Shirley Tracy

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.