Re: need help with Convenient OCR

John Doering

Shirley:

Try this…

Open the file you were sent.

Hold down the JAWS key (bottom left of the key pad) and press the space bar. 

You will hear a sound.

Release the keys.

Then press O and then press D .

It should say something like OCR started.

Give it a little time and a window should open containing the info you want to read.

HTH,

John Doering

Administrative Pricing Asst 

p. 4147783040 Extn:4063  t. 800-642-8778

NOTICE: The information contained in this email and any document attached hereto is intended only for the named recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, nor the employee or agent responsible for delivering this message in confidence to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that you have received this transmittal in error, and any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this transmittal or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmittal and/or attachments in error, please notify me immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message, including any attachments.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Shirley Tracy
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2018 11:03 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: need help with Convenient OCR

Can someone please point me to detailed steps for using convenient OCR? Can I use it if I don’t have a camera?

Someone sent me some information I thought they were going to scan in and email to me. Instead, they took a picture of it and emailed that. I need the information. I never thought I would need to use the Convenient OCR in JAWS, so I never studied about it. And remember I have made it very clear that I’m not tech savvy. Having said that, I feel confident that I could retrieve the information the person sent to me if I could use something like the OCR that I read about in the JAWS help menu. I just don’t fully understand how to do it.

Thanks for any help.

Shirley Tracy

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.