JAWS 2018 announces webpage URL for page you're leaving. Why?

Every time my latest client and I are transitioning from one webpage to another where he has entered a new URL in the address bar by hand we consistently have JAWS 2018 announcing the URL of the page we're on before it announces the one we're navigating to.

This behavior annoys and confuses him and does the same for me.  I cannot understand the rationale for doing this.

I am wondering if this is something that is either wrong with his JAWS 2018 installation, if anyone else gets this behavior, and if it can be configured through a setting I just don't know about.  I'd like JAWS to announce the URL of the page that's currently being transitioned to without ever hearing the URL of the one being left behind.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back