Re: Firefox Lagging and Freezing

JM Casey <crystallogic@...>

Just curious. When this happens with Firefox and JAWS “comes back”, can you then activate links? If you alt-tab away from Firefox and then return to it, does the virtual cursor/buffer come on, or are you stuck in PC mode? Can you close firefox with alt-f4?

I haven’t detected any pattern about what sites cause this hang to happen; it seems to involve pages with many links, though, possibly. Anyway, if you are experiencing the same thing, it’s some kind of jAWS bug.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jerry Berrier via Groups.Io
Sent: September 17, 2018 10:26 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Firefox Lagging and Freezing

I’m wondering if anybody else is having this problem.

I’m running Firefox version 62, latest version of JFW, and Windows 10.

I’ll be arrowing down through a web page, and all of a sudden JAWS just stops reading. Sometimes it comes back after a few seconds, but not always.

I especially notice it when reading the Boston Globe in NFB Newsline on the web.

Also when I’m using Google Docs, I’m noticing an irritating lag when I hit up or down arrow in a document.

Any thoughts on how to remedy this?

Jerry Berrier

Director of Education Technology

Perkins School for the Blind