Re: Firefox extended support release

JM Casey <crystallogic@...>

Firefox is your default web browser it sounds like. You didn’t say, but it sounds like  you are using an old(er) version of JAWS. This won’t work with any of the new Firefox versions, including the extended support release as of a week or two ago. You’ll have to either upgrade JAWS, use a different screen-reader, or use a different browser.

I like Firefox a lot and want to continue using it, but at present there is a bug in JAWS 2018 that causes it to hang fairly often. Apparently this may be fixed soon.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Marilyn Bland
Sent: September 15, 2018 6:39 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Firefox extended support release

I checked on my desktop and Firefox is there but I cannot tell what version it is.

The whole message says “Display of tab content has been disabled. Update your screenreader software or switch to Firefox extended support release.”

My laptop is set to automatically do updates, so I don’t know what the problem is.

Thanks.

Marilyn

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of JM Casey
Sent: Saturday, September 15, 2018 5:22 PM
Subject: Re: Firefox extended support release

Is that the whole extent of the message you are getting? It doesn’t sound like it’s telling you to do anything. Do you use firefox already? What version?

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Marilyn Bland
Sent: September 15, 2018 6:19 PM
Subject: Firefox extended support release

Hello all,

Yesterday I had no problems with opening a link in the body of certain emails, but now I’m getting a prompt that says the link cannot open and I should do the following: “Firefox extended support release.”

What does this mean? How would I go about doing this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much.

Marilyn   

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.