Re: If I pin a program to start, how can I get to it using Jaws?

Mike B. <mike9902@...>

Hi Sieghard,

You can also use the, 0, to assign / pin a shortcut icon to.
Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2018 9:14 PM
Subject: Re: If I pin a program to start, how can I get to it using Jaws?

You can also open your taskbar programs by pressing the Windows Key+# where number is a number from 1 to 9 on the number row.

If, for example, you have the following programs on your taskbar in this order:

1 Google Chrome 2 Outlook 3 Excel 4 Word 5 Skype 6 Notepad

Then pressing Windows Key+1 will open Chrome, Windows Key+4 will open Word, Windows Key+6 opens Notepad etc.

If you press Windows Key+Alt+4, as an example, it will open the jumplist for Word

Pressing Windows Key+Shift+6,as another example, will open anew instance of Notepad if Notepad is already open.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2018 8:49 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

I, too, pin to the Task bar in Windows 10.  I used to create shortcuts to desktop icons, but my work laptop requires admin rights to do this now.  I’ve also found recently that shortcuts don’t work as consistently as they did before, unless my focus is on the desktop.  Pressing Windows T for the Task Bar then the first letter of the program I want has become second-nature in recent months.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dean Martineau
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2018 8:47 AM

My view is, just because something can be done in Windows, it isn’t necessarily beneficial to do that thing.  I haven’t seen any advantages to pinning items to the start menu. For screen reader users, I am a big fan of pinning things to the task bar under certain conditions, and of using the desktop to launch programs.  These are more efficient ways. 

Any contrary viewpoints?

Thought-provoking reading: http://bahaiteachings.org

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2018 10:26 AM

Hi, Jonas. What I do to get to the pinned items in Start menu is this:

1. Press Windows key.

2. TAB once.

3. Left and Right Arrow.

4. You will see some headings:

Life At a Glance

Play and explore

Control panel

5. Arrow up and down under these headings, and you will see the items you have pinned to the Start Menu.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jonas Voll
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2018 7:12 AM
Subject: If I pin a program to start, how can I get to it using Jaws?

So in win10 if you go to all apps, and arrow down to any app, open your context menu you have an option to pin to start!

Any hotkeys or how can I bring Jaws focus to the pin apps in my start menu?

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
O: 316-425-7141
F: 316-267-4312
www.envisionus.com

Envision: To improve the quality of life and provide inspiration and opportunity for people who are blind or visually impaired through employment, outreach, rehabilitation, education and research.

NOTICE: This electronic mail message and any attached files are confidential. The information is exclusively for the use of the individual or entity intended as the recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, printing, reviewing, retention, disclosure, distribution or forwarding of the message or any attached file is not authorized and is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail message in error, please advise the sender by reply electronic mail immediately and permanently delete the original transmission, any attachments and any copies of this message from your computer system.

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.