Re: If I pin a program to start, how can I get to it using Jaws?

Jonas Voll

I agree, in the context menu it's missing many of the items that was in the menu, like "Open file location", "pin to task bar", & others I can not remember right now!
And Yes this is the Win 10, winver, Run command
About Windows dialog
Microsoft Windows Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.254) © 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. The Windows 10 Pro operating system and its user interface are protected by trademark and other pending or existing intellectual property rights in the United States and other countries/regions.
OK Button
To activate press spacebar.

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
O: 316-425-7141
F: 316-267-4312
www.envisionus.com

Envision: To improve the quality of life and provide inspiration for the blind and visually impaired through employment, outreach, rehabilitation, education and research.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mario
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2018 10:36 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: If I pin a program to start, how can I get to it using Jaws?

I agree. in addition, pressing the windows key and typing in a search term is another efficient way of finding programs, documents, emails, settings.

-------- Original Message --------
Sent: Friday, Sep 14, 2018 10:47 AM EST
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: If I pin a program to start, how can I get to it using Jaws?

My view is, just because something can be done in Windows, it isn’t necessarily beneficial to do that thing. I haven’t seen any advantages to pinning items to the start menu. For screen reader users, I am a big fan of pinning things to the task bar under certain conditions, and of using the desktop to launch programs. These are more efficient ways.

Any contrary viewpoints?

Thought-provoking reading: http://bahaiteachings.org <http://bahaiteachings.org/>

*From:* main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> *On Behalf Of *Bill White
*Sent:* Friday, September 14, 2018 10:26 AM
*To:* main@jfw.groups.io
*Subject:* Re: If I pin a program to start, how can I get to it using Jaws?

Hi, Jonas. What I do to get to the pinned items in Start menu is this:

1. Press Windows key.

2. TAB once.

3. Left and Right Arrow.

4. You will see some headings:

Life At a Glance

Play and explore

Control panel

5. Arrow up and down under these headings, and you will see the items you have pinned to the Start Menu.

Bill White

billwhite92701@dslextreme.com <mailto:billwhite92701@dslextreme.com>

*From:*main@jfw.groups.io <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io> [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] *On Behalf Of *Jonas Voll
*Sent:* Friday, September 14, 2018 7:12 AM
*To:* main@jfw.groups.io <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io>
*Subject:* If I pin a program to start, how can I get to it using Jaws?

So in win10 if you go to all apps, and arrow down to any app, open your context menu you have an option to pin to start!

Any hotkeys or how can I bring Jaws focus to the pin apps in my start menu?

*Jonas Voll*
Support Technician I
*Envision, Inc.*
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
O: 316-425-7141
F: 316-267-4312
www.envisionus.com <http://www.envisionus.com>

*Envision: */To improve the quality of life and provide inspiration and opportunity for people who are blind or visually impaired through employment, outreach, rehabilitation, education and research./

*NOTICE:*This electronic mail message and any attached files are confidential. The information is exclusively for the use of the individual or entity intended as the recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, printing, reviewing, retention, disclosure, distribution or forwarding of the message or any attached file is not authorized and is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail message in error, please advise the sender by reply electronic mail immediately and permanently delete the original transmission, any attachments and any copies of this message from your computer system.

SonicWall identified this message as clean.
To manage your junk mail go to https://nospam.envisionus.com and logon with your domain userid and password.
If you consider this email to be spam please forward it to 'spam@nospam.envisionus.com'
NOTICE: This electronic mail message and any attached files are confidential. The information is exclusively for the use of the individual or entity intended as the recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, printing, reviewing, retention, disclosure, distribution or forwarding of the message or any attached file is not authorized and is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail message in error, please advise the sender by reply electronic mail immediately and permanently delete the original transmission, any attachments and any copies of this message from your computer system.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.