Re: If I pin a program to start, how can I get to it using Jaws?

Dean Martineau <topdot@...>

My view is, just because something can be done in Windows, it isn’t necessarily beneficial to do that thing.  I haven’t seen any advantages to pinning items to the start menu. For screen reader users, I am a big fan of pinning things to the task bar under certain conditions, and of using the desktop to launch programs.  These are more efficient ways.

Any contrary viewpoints?

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2018 10:26 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: If I pin a program to start, how can I get to it using Jaws?

Hi, Jonas. What I do to get to the pinned items in Start menu is this:

1. Press Windows key.

2. TAB once.

3. Left and Right Arrow.

4. You will see some headings:

Life At a Glance

Play and explore

Control panel

5. Arrow up and down under these headings, and you will see the items you have pinned to the Start Menu.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...