Re: PDF file automatically goes into Edge

My method using the file properties dialogue works just the same in Windows 7.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Marianne Denning
Sent: Saturday, September 8, 2018 3:52 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: PDF file automatically goes into Edge

Are usually type default into the search box and it shows up very quickly.

On Sep 8, 2018, at 12:07 PM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

On Sat, Sep 8, 2018 at 11:57 AM, Ekstrand, Pamela A. -ND wrote:

Is there a way to do this in Windows 7?

Yes.  Under Control Panel, I believe the item is Default Programs.  I don't have a Win7 machine to check at the moment, but there is definitely a control panel item for setting the Default Programs for specific file types.

I also believe that the "quick trick" that Sieghard mentioned also works under Windows 7, and it's much easier and faster.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back