Re: firefox w/ latest jfw 2018.1808

Marty Hutchings

Bill,  The version is 60.2.0

Love in Christ
Marty

Sent: Friday, September 07, 2018 5:02 PM
Subject: Re: firefox w/ latest jfw 2018.1808

Hi, Marty. Can you do the following keystroke, and report back which version of Firefox is installed. It sounds like it is updating to Version 60, and not staying with Version 52. Try the following keystroke when firefox is open:

JAWS key plus CONTROL key plus V

This should give you the version which is actually installed on your computer right now.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Marty Hutchings
Sent: Friday, September 7, 2018 9:24 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

I managed to instal the 32 bit version of the Firefox version that you sent to me, but I still get the following message when I try to hit a link from a email message.  “Display of tab content is disabled do to incompatibility between Firefox and your accessibility software.  Please update your screen reader or switch to Firefox extended support release.”

Love in Christ
Marty

Sent: Friday, September 07, 2018 2:50 AM

Hi, Marty. In order for you to use JAWS with Firefox 60 and up, you need the latest version of JAWS, which is JAWS 2018. JAWS 16, 17, and 18 are incompatible with Firefox 60 and up. These versions of Firefox are called Quantum. They contain a version of Sandbox which causes Firefox not to be able to react with JAWS versions earlier than 2018. They had to do some intensive reworking of JAWS to get it to function properly with the newer versions of Firefox. In order for you to use Firefox with JAWS 18, you would need to install an earlier version of Firefox ESR. I will provide a couple of links to the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Firefox ESR in case you wish to downgrade your version of Firefox.

Firefox ESR 52, English US 32-bit:

Firefox Setup 52.0esr.exe

Firefox ESR 52, English US 64-bit:

Firefox Setup 52.0esr.exe

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Marty Hutchings
Sent: Thursday, September 6, 2018 5:54 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

HI,  I am new to this group and am having a similar issue with JAWS and Firefox.  When I open Firefox, I get a message saying that Tabs are incompatible with my adaptive software or my version of Firefox.  I have installed JFW 18 and Firefox 62.  There is no problem using NVDA and Firefox.  What is going on here?  Is it a Windows problem?  I am still running Windows 7.

Love in Christ
Marty Hutchings

Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2018 5:42 PM

Hi. Another thing I have found is that, if you uninstall Firefox, old profiles are left behind. So, I had to go into

Users\”Username”\AppData\Local\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles

and delete all the old profiles which were left behind.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Juan Hernandez
Sent: Thursday, September 6, 2018 12:50 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: firefox w/ latest jfw 2018.1808

HI All,

I was wondering if you have noticed with firefox 61, and now 62 that jfw locks up or I guess firefox locks up all of the time, it happens randomly, but it happens so much that I made chrome my default web browser.

Has anyone experienced this?

Best,

Juan Hernandez

Juanhernandez98@...

619-750-9431 (M)         |  858-777-3311 (F)

My WebSite | Twitter | FaceBook | LinkedIn

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.