From: Mario
Sent: Friday, September 07, 2018 5:36 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Apps alternative combo

generally, the app or application key is to the left of the right
control key on a desktop keyboard. a laptop's keyboard may or not
(generally not) have such a key, in which pressing shift+f10 is the
equivalent of pressing the application key.
do note that the keyboard built in to a laptop might have an app key in
a different location in maintaining compactness.