Re: firefox w/ latest jfw 2018.1808

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Don. It updates the minute it installs. There is often not enough time to go to automatic updates and turn them off before firefox is updated to version 60.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Don Mauck
Sent: Friday, September 7, 2018 10:08 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: firefox w/ latest jfw 2018.1808

You can go in to the options and turn off automatically update.

Sent: September 7, 2018 10:40 AM

Hey Bill.

Thanks for providing those links, but, unless I’m wrong, once installed, those Firefox 52 versions will try to update to 60, which is the version the ESR branch is currently on. This was what we were warned about last year; we could continue to use ESR until September of 2018, at which point it would also be switched to Quantum. This has  now happened to me.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: September 7, 2018 3:50 AM

Hi, Marty. In order for you to use JAWS with Firefox 60 and up, you need the latest version of JAWS, which is JAWS 2018. JAWS 16, 17, and 18 are incompatible with Firefox 60 and up. These versions of Firefox are called Quantum. They contain a version of Sandbox which causes Firefox not to be able to react with JAWS versions earlier than 2018. They had to do some intensive reworking of JAWS to get it to function properly with the newer versions of Firefox. In order for you to use Firefox with JAWS 18, you would need to install an earlier version of Firefox ESR. I will provide a couple of links to the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Firefox ESR in case you wish to downgrade your version of Firefox.

Firefox ESR 52, English US 32-bit:

Firefox Setup 52.0esr.exe

Firefox ESR 52, English US 64-bit:

Firefox Setup 52.0esr.exe

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Marty Hutchings
Sent: Thursday, September 6, 2018 5:54 PM

HI,  I am new to this group and am having a similar issue with JAWS and Firefox.  When I open Firefox, I get a message saying that Tabs are incompatible with my adaptive software or my version of Firefox.  I have installed JFW 18 and Firefox 62.  There is no problem using NVDA and Firefox.  What is going on here?  Is it a Windows problem?  I am still running Windows 7.

Love in Christ
Marty Hutchings

Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2018 5:42 PM

Hi. Another thing I have found is that, if you uninstall Firefox, old profiles are left behind. So, I had to go into

Users\”Username”\AppData\Local\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles

and delete all the old profiles which were left behind.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Juan Hernandez
Sent: Thursday, September 6, 2018 12:50 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: firefox w/ latest jfw 2018.1808

HI All,

I was wondering if you have noticed with firefox 61, and now 62 that jfw locks up or I guess firefox locks up all of the time, it happens randomly, but it happens so much that I made chrome my default web browser.

Has anyone experienced this?

Best,

Juan Hernandez

Juanhernandez98@...

619-750-9431 (M)         |  858-777-3311 (F)

My WebSite | Twitter | FaceBook | LinkedIn

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.