Re: sma count

Michael Mote

Hi there.  Just to add to what has already been said here, if you purchase an update, it is a good idea to update your authorization.  You can find this option under the JAWS help menu.  This should update your information, and what is displayed for how many updates you have remaining, etc.  Hope this helps.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Wednesday, September 5, 2018 8:54 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: sma count

When  you purchased the SMA when exactly was that and what version of Jaws were you on at the time?

An SMA covers 2 major Jaws updates so basically it is good for two years. If you are currently on Jaws 2018 and have 1 upgrade remaining then this will cover the update to Jaws 2019 which is coming up most likely in late October as usual.

Then you will be down to 0 and $120 will get you the next two updates, they would allow you to get Jaws 2020 in the fall of 2019 and Jaws 2021 in the fall of 2020.

I believe you need to buy the SMA by the end of 2018 to get the best deal but you can probably buy it as late as September or October 2019 as long as it is before Jaws 2020 comes out, but that is something you have to confirm with FS.

If you buy it let’s say in mid December you then would have to buy another 2 years later, I always buy my next SMA more or less as soon as I use up my last update, then I won’t forget.

Regards,

Sieghard