Re: Latest Jaws and word 2003

Cristóbal

Not anymore. eBay separated from PayPal and the exclusive deal they had is no more.

If you don’t want to deal with eBay, you could always see if a friend or family member can do you a solid and buy it for you and you can just give them the money. All they’d have to do is forward you the eBay email order that’ll usually have the MS key and instructions on how to download/install . Again, I’ve done this in the past with some of my friends/family. You’re talking $5 to $10.

If that isn’t an option, again, I’ve seen the same keys pop up on sites like DealNews and BenBargains that abrogate sales from all over the web for more. There’s also a guy on some of the blind buy/sell lists that sells MS keys for around $25 to $30 from time to time. He’s most likely just flipping keys, but hey . . . you can’t hate the man. Everyone’s got their own hustle…

It really is worth it to upgrade to get a better Jaws experience with these programs at this point.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Don H
Sent: Monday, September 3, 2018 4:54 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Latest Jaws and word 2003

If I understand it Paypal is the only way to pay for something on Ebay.  After having a bad experience with Paypal I no longer have a Paypal or Ebay account.

On 9/3/2018 6:38 PM, Cristóbal wrote:

Yup.

Recently, I was going through a drawer of stuff and came across the CD and packaging for an office 2003 that I bought many moons ago. My first impulse was to keep it, but I quickly remembered that I’d had long since upgraded all my machines to Office 2016 via this method and really, we’re talking about a 15 year old software package. I don’t even have that XP laptop as a dust collector anymore. While I do believe it’s not necessarily essential to always have the latest and greatest and for the most part, a word processor is just a word processor or spread sheet or whatever minus some extra bells and whistles, 15 years really is a long time. Same for the Office 2010 that I also found buried in my stuff. Not even worth keeping the keys either since again, you can buy an Office 2016 key for the price of a medium pizza at this point.

I’ve helped out friends/family by buying them a key and simply forwarding them the eBay email when they’re not set up on eBay too.

And to be clear, this is completely legit and above board. I’ve even seen Office keys go on sale on other traditional sites, but eBay is usually where you find the best deals.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Monday, September 3, 2018 2:50 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Latest Jaws and word 2003

Don,

I offer the following for your consideration and for the consideration of those in the same situation you are in and I was in, to a lesser extent, until very recently.

As versions of Office get more and more removed from active support screen readers, and many other things, become less and less capable of interacting with it because they keep updating to keep up with Office and Windows as a whole as well.

With recent changes in laws in the EU, it has become illegal for Microsoft to tie a single machine license truly to a single machine, but only to a single machine at any point in time.  This has resulted in a cottage industry of individuals buying up computers that are being deaccessioned by businesses, government offices, etc., and extracting the license keys for the MS-Office that was installed on each of them, resetting them, then reselling them.  I have recently updated 4 of my computers to Office 2015 Pro Plus for less than $10 per machine, all purchased from eBay from sellers that have thousands of sales and very high satisfaction ratings.

It is well worth considering updating your Office suite to a much more recent version, as the difficulties you are encountering are only going to become more frequent and, eventually, will not be able to be solved.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134  

A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep.

~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.