HP Envy Laptop, disabling Mouse/touch pad

Jim L

Hiya folks,

Just bought myself a HP Envy laptop, installed Jaws etc but for the life of me, my friend with vision who has helped me setup this up we cannot disable mouse/touch pad at all, we can go into the setting disable it from it saying enabled but it doesn’t stick either within a session or a reboot, sometimes stays for a few minutes then just works again.

As I’m using a screen reader in Jaws going anywhere near the mouse/touch pad can be annoying as it moves your place sometimes.

Anyone have any work around/ little freeware software/app that can disable this feature permantly?.

We’ve tried googling an answer but nothing we found so far helps.

No function keys do this either.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,

Jim