From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of turab
chimthanawala
Sent: Sunday, September 2, 2018 9:20 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Use of standard view in Gmail

Hi Shankar,
Thanks a lot for your suggestions.
Will follow the steps. I have the following additional concerns.
1. If I change the view in my system, will the view change for others as
well?
2. Are the features in Basic HTML view lesser as compared to Standard View?
Best
Turab

On 9/2/18, Shankar C <harshalgips@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, if your office uses gmail for the Communication, do the following.
1. login with the gmail using your credentials.
2. once you login, the screen reader may announce loading gmail….
3. press letter b key.
4. the screen reader should announce load basic html button, now just
activate the button by pressing space or enter key.
5. now you can view your gmail with basic html.

if you want to set this as default view, go to the links list and
press letter s until your screen reader says set as default view, and
activate the link.

Do you have the Gmail Keyboard Shortcuts (
https://support.google.com/mail/answer/6594?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
) turned on? They are off by default.

A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the
need
for illusion is deep.

~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

--