Re: JAWS hotkey for sound

Richard Turner

Was your sound card having problems? The way I read that is it helps if the windows sound settings were at 0, or muted, but if it is working normally, it will do nothing but refresh the screen. I found nothing else about reinitializing sound cards.
Richard

"The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right place but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment." - Dorothy Nevill

[Sent from my little hand-held computer]

On Sep 1, 2018, at 4:25 PM, Jed Barton <jedbarton@...> wrote:

so it's insert and escape?  That didn't seem to do anything

On 9/1/18, Richard Turner <richardturner42@...> wrote:
Perhaps this is what you are looking for:
• JAWS will now unmute your sound card automatically. In addition to
refreshing the screen, pressing
INSERT+ESC now also checks the sound device being used by JAWS or Fusion to
make sure it is not currently muted or has the sound level set to 0
percent.
If muted, it will be unmuted. Or, if the sound level somehow got set to 0
percent, this new feature will raise it to 50 percent, allowing you to
recover
without getting assistance. The sound device is also checked every time JAWS
or Fusion is restarted. If you purposely muted JAWS speech, there is not an
issue as this new feature only looks at the Windows setting for the sound
card, not the JAWS speech settings.

That was from the What's new in Jaws 2018.

Richard