From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tom
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2018 1:28 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: saving attachments in Thunderbird

Hi,

Using: Jaws 2018, W10 Home  and latest Thunderbird

Can someone please explain how to save an attachment in Thunderbird?

For years I have used a Thunderbird add-on, attachment extractor, with great success but unfortunately the latest version of Tbird has broken the add-on so am now back to doing it manually.

The latest version of the add-on is dated around 2011 so it appears the author does not intend to upgrade it further.  This means that I need to learn how to do the deed the hard way.

There is an attachment option under the Thunderbird “message” menu but not always is it available. If the message is closed then it is not available.  If the message with the attachment is open, the option is available but I can’t seem to get consistent results.

Any comments?

Thanks

Tom