From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jeremy
Sent: Sunday, August 26, 2018 12:02 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: "Fast Startup" sound akin to Startup Sound, could we get one?

Well, you might want to be careful of whom you’re insulting as I might have solutions you may need in the future. We all bring some sort of knowledge to these lists, so rather than putting walls between ourselves, we would all grow if we could build our collective pool of knowledge.

Regarding the link to the article you posted, those are some really weak reasons why someone would disable such a useful feature. It takes up space? C’mon, with the size of SSDs nowadays, most people probably have more kitten videos or MP3 files on their hard drives than the space taken up by fast startup.

I mean, ultimately, one’s computer is one’s computer, and he or she can do whatever he or she wants with their machine. On the other hand, if productivity is the goal, nothing can beat coming up with an idea, quickly lifting a laptop lid or pressing the power button on a Windows tablet, working through that thought, then moving on. With Fast Startup disabled, having to wait for one’s computer to fully power up and the difficulties that may bring on because at times Windows installs updates and alike, that can interfere with the creative process.

Ultimately, we all have the freedom to decide how to use our computers. J My goal is to convey useful information rather than hanging on to old fears from previous versions of Windows.

JR