Re: "Fast Startup" sound akin to Startup Sound, could we get one?

Jeremy <jeremy.richards7@...>

A single incident should not be enough experience to base such strong beliefs on. Also, it was a very different operating system—it was the less than stellar Win8 not the current very stable Windows 10.

With fast startup turned on, the increase in startup speed is significant in both a spinning hard drive and an SSD.

Again, you’re losing me in regards to your argument, here’s what you just stated:

“            The increase in startup speed is negligible with a HDD and pretty much invisible if you're using an SSD with Fast Startup enabled.”

Isn’t this whole discussion over the differences in speed using the Windows 10 Fast startup verses the windows 95 shut down/restart routine?

Thank you all for the great discussion, but in this thread, I don’t think building a pool of unbiased knowledge is the goal.

JR