Re: "Fast Startup" sound akin to Startup Sound, could we get one?

Steve Nutt

Hi Jeremy,

Now it sounds like you’re a bit of a fanboy of this horrible technology.

Now take a look at this article:-

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-windows-10-fast-startup

In particular, the heading labelled why you might want to disable it.

It takes up space on your hard drive.  For some it doesn’t truly shut down the processor, even reports of fans spinning after shutting down.

Just accept that this may cause problems, and get on with life, enjoying fast startup as I know you do.

All the best

Steve