Re: How do you "send shortcut to desktop" in Firefox 52?

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

I use Chrome 99% of the time, but I just checked and while this drag and drop method explained in the link seems easy enough for sighted users, there does not seem to be an easy way to do this with the keyboard and as a blind user. In Chrome there is a “Create Shortcut” option under “More Tools” but with Firefox it would appear you need to go to the addressbar, copy the link to the clipboard and then manually create a shortcut on the desktop.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of JM Casey
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2018 2:40 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: How do you "send shortcut to desktop" in Firefox 52?

Hey Dennis.

I believe he’s asking about sending a link to the desktop, so that he can access it from there, and it will open the browser.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of dennis
Sent: August 24, 2018 5:32 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: How do you "send shortcut to desktop" in Firefox 52?

if your using win 7 go to your programs menue. arrow up to mozilla firefox. hit the applications key and arrow up to sendto. you'll find send to desktop in there.if your using win 10 i don't know the answer to that.

On 8/24/2018 4:17 PM, Richard B. McDonald wrote:

Hi!

I have begun to switch to Firefox 52 from Internet Explorer 11.  I use JAWS 15 under Windows 7.  In IE, when on a webpage you could pull down the file menu and easily send a shortcut to the webpage (i.e., its URL) to the desktop.  In Firefox, what is the best way to accomplish the same thing?

Thanks,

Richard

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.