From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2018 10:57 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: "Fast Startup" sound akin to Startup Sound, could we get one?

Especially since it takes usually a lot less than 30 seconds. My Asus laptop with an SSD has fast startup disabled as do my 4 desktops at work (all have SSD drives). All of them boot to the login prompt in about 10 or 12 seconds at most. When I had fast startup enabled on my laptop it might be 2 or 3 seconds faster, but who cares. I turn fast startup off for the same reason that I usually sht down my computer at home when I go to work for 8 or 10hours instead of putting it simply to sleep.
At work I have sleep mode disabled on my desktops because I use a point of sale system which uses an SQL database. If the point of sale application is open and the system goes to sleep and then wakes up it usually gives me an error saying it has lost the database connection so why bother. My work PC's stay on from Monday morning until Saturday evening and then we shut them down until we reopen on Monday morning.