Re: "Fast Startup" sound akin to Startup Sound, could we get one?

Jonas Voll

Hey what point of sale system Are you using?

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
O: 316-425-7141
F: 316-267-4312
www.envisionus.com

Envision: To improve the quality of life and provide inspiration for the blind and visually impaired through employment, outreach, rehabilitation, education and research.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2018 10:57 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: "Fast Startup" sound akin to Startup Sound, could we get one?

Especially since it takes usually a lot less than 30 seconds. My Asus laptop with an SSD has fast startup disabled as do my 4 desktops at work (all have SSD drives). All of them boot to the login prompt in about 10 or 12 seconds at most. When I had fast startup enabled on my laptop it might be 2 or 3 seconds faster, but who cares. I turn fast startup off for the same reason that I usually sht down my computer at home when I go to work for 8 or 10hours instead of putting it simply to sleep.
At work I have sleep mode disabled on my desktops because I use a point of sale system which uses an SQL database. If the point of sale application is open and the system goes to sleep and then wakes up it usually gives me an error saying it has lost the database connection so why bother. My work PC's stay on from Monday morning until Saturday evening and then we shut them down until we reopen on Monday morning.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Don H
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2018 8:49 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: "Fast Startup" sound akin to Startup Sound, could we get one?

Doesn't it seem strange that we are in such a hurry to think waiting another 30 seconds for computer to boot up is unacceptable. I would rather wait and get a better chance of a clean boot than having that 30 seconds to surf the net or send a Email.
Does anyone remember having to insert a five and a quarter floppy to start the boot cycle or have to wait for your dial up service to connect?

SonicWall identified this message as clean.
To manage your junk mail go to https://nospam.envisionus.com and logon with your domain userid and password.
If you consider this email to be spam please forward it to 'spam@nospam.envisionus.com'
NOTICE: This electronic mail message and any attached files are confidential. The information is exclusively for the use of the individual or entity intended as the recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, printing, reviewing, retention, disclosure, distribution or forwarding of the message or any attached file is not authorized and is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail message in error, please advise the sender by reply electronic mail immediately and permanently delete the original transmission, any attachments and any copies of this message from your computer system.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.