From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2018 7:29 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: "Fast Startup" sound akin to Startup Sound, could we get one?

Jeremy,

          You asked for an example, I gave you an example.  Spend approximately 30 seconds on a web search on "Windows 10 Fast Startup Problems" and the results you'll get and you'll realize this is far from an isolated incident.   And, by the way, Fast Startup is implemented the same in both OSes and, as I said before, the issues can come from something causing corruption in the hibernation file, and that does happen.  It's no different than the myriad problems that can creep in to web browsers via cache corruption that "magically disappear" if one simply purges cache.  The hibernation file is "OS Cache," and it can get screwed up completely independently of an OS that's perfectly fine.

          ~ Dorothy Nevill