Excel reading problem on Surface tablet

Tom Babinszki

Hi,
My name is Tom Babinszki, I just joined the list.
I have an interesting Excel reading problem.
I just got a Surface Pro running Windows 10 Pro.
I am not able to navigate excel sheets. When I press a cursor key, nothing happens. There are two exceptions, one when I press a cursor key while starting Excel, or when I switch over to it while running JAWS repair.

It works just fine with NVDA and Narrator. I did try the same Excel sheet with the latest version of JAWS on Windows 7, that works too.
Here is what I have tried:
I repaired and reinstalled JAWS. Currently I'm running the latest version, but I also tried JAWS 18 and 17, same results.
I did call Freedom, they gave me some new scripts to install but to be honest it even broke what already worked.

Also, it maybe worth mentioning that I am able to read the workbooks on the Surface using the touch cursor, but that is limited, and since I do a lot of keyboard entry the cursor navigation is necessary.

Thank you for any help:

Tom