Re: JAWS and Excel - problem reading cells still exists

Bill Tessore

I don’t know if this is the cause of your issue, but it may be worth looking at.
When I was still able to use ZoomText I learned that unless I expanded the width of a column I couldn’t see all the characters in the cell. Expanding that column would reveal that text I KNEW was there.

Shalom,

Bill Tessore
billtessore@gmail.com

On Aug 21, 2018, at 8:35 PM, Jeremy <jeremy.richards7@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,

I hope others have different results, but I'm still experiencing the problem
of JAWS not being able to read text in cells within Excel when I press F2.

I have discovered that if I type 8 characters or less, I can press F2 and
arrow through the letters and make my edits. If the cell contains a word or
words with more than 8 characters, and if I press F2, JAWS cannot read the
text inside the cell. It appears it's the number of characters in a cell
that trips up JAWS.

Hmm, for whatever reason it seems as though VFO is struggling to fix this
problem since it has existed for quite a bit of time and different versions
of JAWS.

JR