Also going to let you know that if you are user of Skype Electron, do not update it because if you update it, you will loose announcements of Skype such as sending messages deleting chats etc!
With regards from Inamuddin with the Skype ID:
You can contact me via gmail:
Add my Skype ID:
Meet me on facebook:
Follow me on my twitter ID:
Call me on my cell numbers:
Enhancements in JAWS 2018.1808.10 (August 2018)
The following is a list of improvements made in JAWS 2018 between the July 2018 update and the August 2018 update.
To download the latest release, visit the Downloads web page. You must be logged on as an administrator to install this software.
Skype now offers three options on Windows 10.
1. You can continue using Skype Classic which is version 7 and works very well with JAWS. Note that Skype Classic is expected to be retired at some point not yet known.
2. You can download and install the new Desktop version 8, which is now supported in this latest JAWS 2018 August update. See details below.
3. You can install the Universal App from the Microsoft Store. However, this is the least accessible at this time and we recommend you install Skype 7 or 8 for the best support.
For users moving to Skype 8, please be certain to download the version referred to as "Skype for Windows" which works well on Windows 10. Note that the Universal App we are not recommending is referred to as "Skype for Windows 10".
For those using Skype version 8, we have added some additional keystrokes to help with navigation since these options are not offered in Skype. These commands are:
· Move to the chat entry field: CTRL+INSERT+E
· Move to the chat history list: CTRL+INSERT+Y
· Move to the conversations list: CTRL+INSERT+N
You can also use the JAWS command INSERT+W while focused on Skype for a list of most of the keyboard commands you would want to know when using Skype. For a full list from Microsoft, please visit the Skype Hotkeys Web Page.
Tip: You can assign a keystroke such as ALT+CTRL+S to the Skype icon on the Desktop to quickly open Skype to answer an incoming call. If you are in another application and you receive an incoming call alert, you can press your shortcut keystroke to open Skype, press INSERT+UP ARROW or INSERT+TAB to read the caller information, and then press CTRL+SHIFT+P or use TAB to choose Answer or Decline.
· Resolved an issue in Excel from Office 365 where JAWS was not correctly reading the contents of cells after pressing F2 to edit.
· If Contracted Braille Input is enabled, resolved an issue where various JAWS and Windows commands were not working as expected when performed from a braille display such as the Focus Blue.
· Resolved a reported issue with the text of links in the JAWS Virtual Viewer not being shown on the braille display if status cells were turned off.
· Addressed a reported issue where the Amazon Kindle app would stop working when attempting to read tables in certain books.
· When configuring the High, Medium, or Low web verbosity levels in Settings Center, the start and end announcements for regions can now be turned off or on in Edge.
· Addressed visual tracking issues with JAWS and Fusion when navigating web pages in Firefox 60 and later using the ARROW keys and Navigation Quick Keys.
· A customer reported that JAWS would unexpectedly stop speaking while navigating a particular document in Word. This is now fixed.
· When using the INSERT+SHIFT+R or WINDOWS+SEMICOLON commands in word to list revisions or display revisions in the Virtual Viewer, if the document contains a lot of revisions, JAWS now plays a sound every few seconds as the list is being built. After 30 seconds, if all revisions have not yet been found, JAWS plays a different tone, and only the revisions found up to that point are displayed.
· Resolved an issue where JAWS could sometimes close unexpectedly while reading an Outlook message using Say All.
· JAWS now includes a Turkish language braille table which can be selected in the Computer Braille Tables dialog box in Settings Center.
· Corrected the pronunciation of some symbols in the French version of JAWS.
The latest version of JAWS can be downloaded using the links below. For new installations, download and save the executable file to your PC and install from there. Make sure to download the correct version (64-bit or 32-bit) for your computer.
Instructions to verify whether you have a 64-bit or 32-bit computer can be found at the bottom of this page.
Learn what is new in JAWS 2018.
Note: You will need an internet connection during the JAWS installation. If you will be installing JAWS on a computer that does not have Internet access, you will need to download and install the
Convenient OCR Installer
before beginning the main JAWS installation.
JAWS 2018.1808.10 64-bit English - August 2018
JAWS 2018.1808.10 32-bit English - August 2018