Re: Jaws stops talking using Word2016

Christopher Zeigler

Hello when you exit or close Jaws then make sure it completely exit then open the task manager look for anything that may relate to Jaws there are several things that draws keeps running in the background when it exits if you quit it and end the processes then Jaws should start up correctly and start working this should fix some of the problems however if you cannot see the screen at all as soon as Joe's closes then you will need to lunch narrator to continue with working with the task manager to end the process then you'll be able to start Jaws to start correctly
Chris

On Sun, Aug 19, 2018, 4:31 AM Ashleigh Piccinino <apiccinino@...> wrote:
I think we also need to know what version of jaws you are using. Have you tried contacting the FO? They might be able to help.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> on behalf of Kevin Meyers <kevinmeyers@...>
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2018 1:41:40 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws stops talking using Word2016

What version of Windows are you using? I was doing mainframe programming until last year. I was using Office 2016, Windows 7 and host explorer emulation package.  What company are you working on a mainframe? What language do you program in?

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Kimber Gardner
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2018 11:15 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws stops talking using Word2016

I have a very similar problem using jaws 2018, any program in office
2016 and a mainframe emulator called attachmate.

Like you, if I flip between an office application then back to attachmate I seem to lose control of my cursor. Jaws reads only the line where the cursor was positioned before switching windows and won't read anything else unless I refresh the screen with the jaws key
+ escape.

The only way I've found to get jaws back on track is to log out of the emulator and back in.

As I said, this problem isn't particular to word, at least for me. It also happens with Skype for business, outlook and any other office application.

Kim

On 8/16/18, Kevin Meyers <kevinmeyers@...> wrote:
> Hello, I will be in a word document and flip to Outlook2016 to get
> something from an email. I have multiple documents in word open. After
> flipping back and forth from Outlook and word Jaws has a hard time
> reading the word document. I cannot use the control key and a arrow
> key to move from word to word. I have to arrow up and down multiple
> times to have a line read. I end up unload and loading Jaws. Then
> after flipping back and forth between outlook and word it goes back to
> have the problem with reading. I even made sure the word window is
> maximized. What could be wrong?
>
>
>
>
>
> Kevin Meyers - motivational speaker
>
> https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kevinsmeyers.com&amp;data=02%7C01%7C%7Cbe2bcce9e6584bfac11c08d6055c8b9b%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636702292362666779&amp;sdata=vnbyOyb9%2FJBSWj9vWXiw9BPvRmqoPwf9x3dL52Q78pI%3D&amp;reserved=0
>
> 6100 West Stonehedge Drive
>
> Suite 148C
>
> Greenfield, WI 53220
>
> 312-625-7710
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

--
Kimberly

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.