From: Brian Vogel
Sent: Saturday, August 18, 2018 4:48 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: speaking passwords

On Sat, Aug 18, 2018 at 04:34 PM, Bill White wrote:
By the way, Brian, we’re not asking that the passwords be shown on the screen, only key echoed, the same way keys are echoed when we have JAWS set to echo characters.
I understand precisely what's being asked for, and it should not be provided if one has a scintilla of concern for keeping passwords secure.

After 35 years in IT, and witnessing firsthand all the things that "can't happen" and "shouldn't happen," particularly when there is the high potential for human error, one puts in place roadblocks to precisely that kind of error.

Anyone, and I do mean anyone, should be able to remember their own chosen password or use a password manager.

The convenience of hearing one's keystrokes echoed with the letters struck for a password field cannot be justified, though as I've witnessed, repeatedly, many will try.

          ~ Dorothy Nevill