Re: speaking passwords

Angel

This is why there are other screen readers. Which employers don't use. People without the ability to type accurately, for some reason, can use those screen readers.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Don H" <lmddh50@...>
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, August 18, 2018 8:41 PM
Subject: Re: speaking passwords

How about us old men who can't type well and are using their computers at home. Make it a option that can be easily disabled.

On 8/18/2018 7:30 PM, Angel wrote:
I am talking, also, about the perceptions potential employers have regarding the capabilities of blind individuals. If we have any desire, whatever, to become an employee; shouldn't we be expected to type at least as well as our sighted counterparts. Who are seeking the same position as are we? If not, this lowers the expectations for all blind individuals. If a Jaws user employs an assist, such as Dragon Naturally Speaking. Because they might have a problem using their hands. Would Dragon Naturally Speaking be expected to also speak the characters of ones pass words? Would this not compromise a companies security. Or, might the potential employer believe it might? This causing a blind person to attempt to debunk another possible myth. Held by sighted employers?
----- Original Message ----- From: "Don H" <lmddh50@...>