Re: speaking passwords

Angel

Isn't this just "creating a tempest in a tea pot".  If spoken pass words aren't truly necessary?  People already are asking questions concerning how to turn off  unwanted paragraph and space markers, in Microsoft word.  When by accident they find they are turned on.  Just think the questions asked about this added feature.  Should spoken pass words be accidentally turned on?  Just think the anxiety which might be experienced.  Should sighted assistance be required to assist with a problem.  Which the blind person is unable to resolve.  Such a thing occurred to me, just last month.  My screen reader wasn't reading all it once did.  When I was on my banks web site.  I had the sighted person who assisted me, access my banks site using her computer.  To determine whether the problem lay with the bank.  Or was my problem alone.  She was able to access the site perfectly well.  Using her computer.  When she came to assist me with this problem, Jaws was on.  I heard the screen reader explain what occurred, and how to correct it.  When she decreased and increased the size of the screen.  Now, I understand what was the problem, and am able to correct it.  Should such a thing occur again.  Should the blind person want to understand how the sighted person resolved the problem, and hadn't turned off this feature.  Even if the sighted person were honest, and didn't take advantage of the totally blind person.  Such might be assumed.  If one didn't have complete trust in the individual assisting him.  One might also be concerned, if a tandem session was necessary.  To solve a situation.  That his own security might be compromised.  Personal security has become such an issue, my bank requires all personal banking be done on line.  Rather than by telephone.  As was once done.  Even when a session is scheduled to assist a patron, all the bank employee can do is to tell whether the patron is accessing the proper fields.  Should he want to perform banking tasks.  Which is why, the bank employee would not be able to assist me.  As long as his computer was accurately reading the screen, and causing him to be able to access information not available to me at the time.

----- Original Message -----
From: Bill White
Sent: Saturday, August 18, 2018 3:50 PM
Subject: Re: speaking passwords

Hi, Angel. We don’t require spoken passwords. It is just a convenience when we are using our own computers at home, and there is no one there to intercept them. I would never advocate using spoken passwords in a public or employment situation. Even if we are employed at home, if we are on the phone with someone, they could hear our spoken password.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...