Re: speaking passwords

Don H

It is so nice that FS is so worried about us. Guess GW and NVDA are not so worried as they both had or have the options to echo the keys when entering passwords.

On 8/18/2018 3:34 PM, Bill White wrote:
By the way, Brian, we’re not asking that the passwords be shown on the screen, only key echoed, the same way keys are echoed when we have JAWS set to echo characters.
Bill White
billwhite92701@dslextreme.com
*From:*main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] *On Behalf Of *Brian Vogel
*Sent:* Saturday, August 18, 2018 1:13 PM
*To:* main@jfw.groups.io
*Subject:* Re: speaking passwords
On Sat, Aug 18, 2018 at 04:08 PM, Bill White wrote:
The security argument is spurious.
No, it's not.   And just for the record I have no direct or indirect ties to VFO.
If something like this exists it is 100% certain, at one point or another, to be accidentally turned on.  That alone is reason enough on security grounds to say, "No."
--
Brian **-**Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134
//The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing in the right place but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.//