Re: speaking passwords

Don H

Since in such a situation you would probably have a set of headphones attached so everyone would not be bothered by the noise your idea doesn't hold water.

On 8/18/2018 2:31 PM, Angel wrote:

I also believe, if there is ever the idea given to sighted employers that we blind individuals might required spoken pass words; they will have another excuse not to hire us.  They will believe spoken pass words will further compromise their companies security.
----- Original Message -----
*From:* Brian Vogel <mailto:@britechguy>
*To:* main@jfw.groups.io <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io>
*Sent:* Saturday, August 18, 2018 2:03 PM
*Subject:* Re: speaking passwords
On Sat, Aug 18, 2018 at 02:50 AM, netbat66 wrote:
because sighted people can see the keyboard. we can not.
So?  Most people do not "hunt and peck" type, whether passwords or
anything else.  They're not looking at the keyboard in the vast
majority of cases.  We (as I am part of the group "sighted people")
fat finger our passwords all the time and have to re-enter them.
As far as I'm concerned, VFO has it right.  Passwords should never
be spoken, letter by letter, as they are typed in, anywhere.  A user
is expected to remember them or use a password manager, and most of
those can shoot you right to the webpage and enter the login id and
password both, if conventional coding methods, rather than pop-up
sign-in boxes, are used.
Speaking password character entry entirely defeats the intention of
passwords to begin with.
/The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing in
the right place but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting
moment./
       ~ Dorothy Nevill