Re: Really really simple backup question

Steve Matzura

 Brian,

The ability to pull  files  out of an image backup does exist in the TDIBRS. An image can be opened like an archive (ZIP, LZH, GZip, etc.), or mounted and given a letter like a disk. This was never brought up in the original discussion, but before you or anyone else asked, I thought I'd pre-answer.

On 8/17/2018 12:11 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
Mario,

           I presume you're talking about this Drive Snapshot (v1.46).

           Yes, it does backups, and it's own webpage states, "Disk Image Backup for Windows."

           Disk image, system image, potato, po-tah-to.

           One could, of course, take a disk image backup of a disk other than your system disc, too, but that's not what's been being talked about.  It appears that Drive Snapshot allows you to selectively recover files/folders as well, which is a very nice feature not always available.