Re: Seeking phone editor that works well with JAWS

Dan Longmore

 Make sure all visual and metering effects are turned off. These can cause screen readers fits. Gold wave is a good choice, audacity should work however check on these settings.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> on behalf of Craig Cooper <craigcooper2013@...>
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2018 7:13:15 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Seeking phone editor that works well with JAWS

Greetings,
I am trying to find the most efficient phone editing program to work
with JAWS.  As part of my job at a radio station, I record calls that
come in, edit them for playback, and play back the call on air.  I
have been working with Audacity for a week or so.  It is free and
works fairly well with JAWS, but it also tends to crash frequently.
It is not hard to re-launch it, but it does take precious time, as I
frequently have to quickly edit a call for play back.
Your suggestions/recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much.
Craig