Re: What backup software can we use with jaws?

Isaac <bigikemusic@...>

it is not a myth, make an iso or usb stick of the latest windows 10 using the windows 10 creation tool and you will see that you can start narrator, not a myth factual

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2018 12:19 PM
Subject: Re: What backup software can we use with jaws?

Thanks for explaining this.  There have been persistent rumors for years that you can restore a backup image from an external portable drive without sighted help of any kind.  This is simply nottrue, and if anyone claims otherwise, I challenge them to provide complete, comprehensive instructions or tutorial.  Even the previously mentioned tutorial on the JAWS Users site that explains how to restore a  backup image stored on a series of DVD’s using Image for Windows required some sighted help,as the creator of this tutorial admits.  This idea that you can simply turn on aWindows 10 computer with a corrupted hard drive and presto, Narrator starts speaking is sheer myth.

Gerald

Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2018 12:06 PM

On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 12:01 PM, John Covici wrote:
Newer versions of windows do have speech, you can start narrator
Not under Windows PE you can't, or not any  version that I've ever laid hands on.

What I, and Gerald, are saying is that we are unaware of any "pre-full Windows having booted" recovery media that support speech.  I know of not a single one, and I've been in this business a very long time.

If someone can actually tell me where one is, I'd love to look at it.

If Windows itself, as in from your hard drive, actually boots then you're not doing a typical system image recovery, which is what's the crux of the matter.

          ~ Dorothy Nevill