Re: What backup software can we use with jaws?

Isaac <bigikemusic@...>

Of course with versions 1703, 1709, 1803, you can use the iso and usually get speech on bootup of the cd or usb stick.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2018 11:11 AM
Subject: Re: What backup software can we use with jaws?

On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 11:00 AM, Steve Matzura wrote:
As stated in at least two messages in this thread today, one must have a secondary  accessible operating system to boot in order to run the Image for Windows program.
So, in other words, you're using a functional instance of Windows to recover a system image backup to a drive that is not the system drive.  That's the only way I can read this.

It's good to know this can be done, but it's not, in any way shape or form, a typical system image recovery nor something that a very great many users have the equipment sitting around at home to do.

I have not ever tried using Narrator with the Windows 10 ISO burned as bootable to USB, and I have heard about that.  But are you able to kick off any sort of system restore that way?

The crux of all of this, for me, anyway, is trying to find out if there is a way, when the end user has only one computer, has been taking system images, and needs to restore one to that computer when there has been a catastrophic failure that does not allow that computer to boot, that supports speech guidance.  If such exists, it would be a real boon.

          ~ Dorothy Nevill