Re: What backup software can we use with jaws?

John Covici

As far as I know, when you boot the windows dvd, you are booting into
a windows pe environment. You can use narrator in there and if you
have the image backup program on another drive or usb drive you could
run it and see if Narrator would read it. I don't know what would
happen, but I would try this and find out.

On Thu, 16 Aug 2018 13:19:47 -0400,
Gerald Levy wrote:

Thanks for explaining this. There have been persistent rumors for years that you can restore a backup image from an external portable drive without sighted help of any kind. This is simply nottrue, and if anyone claims otherwise, I
challenge them to provide complete, comprehensive instructions or tutorial. Even the previously mentioned tutorial on the JAWS Users site that explains how to restore a backup image stored on a series of DVD’s using Image for Windows
required some sighted help,as the creator of this tutorial admits. This idea that you can simply turn on aWindows 10 computer with a corrupted hard drive and presto, Narrator starts speaking is sheer myth.

Gerald