for a lot of sound cards speech is there and if you have another drive
with your backup software on it, this should work. I don't have that
software, but this is the idea.

On Thu, 16 Aug 2018 11:28:02 -0400,
Gerald Levy wrote:

I don’t understand. If your hard drive crashes, you need a rescue medium to perform an image restoration from a backup external drive. This rescue medium, whether it is a DVD,flash drive or portable external drive has some kind of user
interface which must be navigated. But there is no speech on the rescue medium so there is no way to navigate it without sighted help. You cannot simply plug a rescue medium into a USB port an automatically initiate the restoration
without some kind of intervention. Options must be selected. Check boxes must be checked, etc. How is this done without speech orsighted help?

Gerald

From: Steve Matzura
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2018 11:00 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: What backup software can we use with jaws?

Brian,

As stated in at least two messages in this thread today, one must have a secondary accessible operating system to boot in order to run the Image for Windows program. This is accomplished in one of two ways: (1) Obtain the most excellent
Windows 10 pre-installation environment from http://www.opopanax.net/download and write it to a USB drive or DVD, or (2) obtain the Windows Media Creation Tool from https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209 and make a Windows 10
installation USB thumb drive or DVD, boot it, and start Narrator.

There is one more thing one has to do which has not been mentioned so far, and that is, to build an external, or "portable," copy of IFW on another drive. I have recorded a short program detailing how to do this. Download it from
https://www.dropbox.com/s/654zldv0meha93c/PE%20Builder.mp3?dl=0

On 8/16/2018 10:47 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:

Just for my own edification, I would like to know more about how a JAWS user goes about actually doing a restore, if/when necessary/desirable, using Image for Windows.

I have yet to know of any way that is accessible, at least in any conventional sense of the word, to recover from an external system image on a system where Windows either will not boot or, if a new HDD replacement was needed, does
not even exist.

If this utility has some sort of speech enabled recovery process that would be most useful to know about. And I mean specifically recovering from a disaster where you are not going to be booting into Windows in order to kick off the
entire process.

~ Dorothy Nevill

How do
you spend it?