Re: Could you remind me of the new Microsoft Word access option in JAWS?

mike mcglashon

Where does one find this setting to which you guys refer?

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2018 11:51 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Could you remind me of the new Microsoft Word access option in JAWS?

I assume you mean the setting “Use accessibility driver for screen capture”

The setting is still there, having it checked means Jaws does what it has always done and it uses the accessibility driver.

For me unchecking it has undesireable results in some other legecy applications I use and as a member of the Jaws Beta program I think it’s OK for me to say that this is not something FS has focused on recently, maybe they will down the road, but while you can uncheck it to see what happens I’d probably leave it alone. If you do want to try then remember that after you uncheck it you need to restart Jaws for the change to become effective.

Take care,

Sieghard