Gerald,

Re-read Isaac's message. You must have either a Windows pre-installation environment with NVDA enabled, which you can get from http://www.opopanax.net/download, or the Windows 10 installation disk you make with the Windows Media Creation Tool from https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209

Another possibility, my personal and particular favorite, is Terabyte Unlimited's Drive Image Backup and Restore Suite from http://www.terabyteunlimited.com - You still need the above mentioned tools for a restore to the system's boot drive of course. The Microsoft backup program is OK, but if you like or want finer control of backup media, with more interesting and useful options and features, then, in my unhumble opinion, the Terabyte product is the better choice. Many users don't like it because it's not free--costs about fifty dollars US--but after trying the program for thirty days and discovering it doesn't do any more for you than the included backup program already on your Windows machine, you can uninstall it and still walk away happy.

On 8/16/2018 6:38 AM, Gerald Levy wrote:

And all this can be done without sighted help of any kind?  Seems to me that if your hard drive crashes, you would have no speech to restore the backup image from the external drive.

Gerald

-----Original Message----- From: Isaac
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2018 12:38 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: What backup software can we use with jaws?

Well, with windows 10 latest addition, you can use the old windows 7 backup
tool that is built in to windows 10 under the control pannel and then find
it there.
You will create a system image, and store it on a backup drive, and then you
will have to boot from usb to restore the system image from the windows 10
installer screen using narrator, remember the installer now talks.  You
would click on repair my computer and you can restore the backup from there,
it backs up all jaws and other licenses you have when it does a sector by
sector backup.
----- Original Message ----- From: "David Ingram" <dingram269@...>