Correcting the way my synthesizer says something

Van Lant, Robin

Hello,

I understand how to change a basic pronunciation of a word.  What I cannot figure out is where it is making an assumption of an abbreviation.  Here is the example today.  At work, I have a set of Excel files where, each time the file is updated, we add a “v” then a number (without spaces) before the Excel file extension to represent version 1, version 2, and so on.  When arrowing through the Explorer window to find the file I want, JAWS is reading the “v5” as “volt 5”.  I can understand this if I were writing “9v” as in a battery type, but am surprised that it is getting converted when in the other order.  It’s not work my time to add a dictionary entry for each possible combination of “v” and a number, so I’m just curious how others deal with these little oddities, or do you just get used to the quirks.   I am using Vocalizer Nathan.

Robin Van Lant, Sr. Program Manager

Key Equipment Finance |  720-304-1060

www.keyequipmentfinance.com

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114