Re: Migrating to Firefox from Internet Explorer

Joe DiNero

I have been looking to migrate over for a little while now and now you can’t get navigational sounds. Agreed that it is taking a step backwards. I was getting ready to switch to Firefox for teaching purposes as IE is going to quickly get more and more inaccessible. Navigational sounds are not a deal breaker but they are nice to have.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gerald Levy
Sent: Monday, August 13, 2018 11:32 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Migrating to Firefox from Internet Explorer

No, there is no other add-ons for Firefox Quantum that plays these additional sounds, nor is this feature built in.  Besides Navigational Sounds, other add-ons like Webvisum and Plain Old Favorites also do not work with FirefoxQuantum, which, as far as I’m concerned, represents a major step backwards in terms of accessibility with JAWS.  And Firefox Quantum only works with JAWS 2018 and not with earlier versions.  The last version of Firefox that still works with Navigational Sounds and the other add-ons is Firefox 52 ESR.

Gerald