From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of g user
Sent: Sunday, August 12, 2018 6:22 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Windows 10 Question

Thank you I was going a little crazy:

Trying to use Operating system-MS windows 10 with Office 2016;however, Jaws is not navigating like the computer I am used to which is Office windows 7 with office 2010.Any suggestions to change the new office and windows to be more user friendly?

You can't, at least not in any meaningful and comprehensive way.   You
are far better off spending your time and energy to learn the Windows
10 user interface which is really not all that much different from
earlier versions of Windows in many respects.

The above being said, Classic Shell ( http://classicshell.net/ ) is
still functioning under Windows 10.  Since it is no longer in active
development it is almost certain that it will eventually break, which
is why I do not recommend using it.  I also just think it's a bad idea
trying to make one operating system user interface "pretend" to be
that of another because if you ever have to use another Windows 10
computer, and you will, you will be lost.

I also strongly suggest that most screen reader users use desktop
shortcuts as their primary interface for the programs they use most
and use the built-in Cortana search (even if her personal digital
assistant feature is
disabled) by hitting Windows Key and typing in the name of the program
or keywords for the setting or partial name of a document, etc.,
you're looking for and it's likely to show up at or near the top of
the search results list.

There are some slight changes regarding how desktop shortcuts are
created for built-in universal apps.  It's not difficult.  See:

* Adding Desktop Shortcuts Under Windows 10 (
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B98uELZbPFnOejZOVWlyRV
BYYzg
)

File Explorer is virtually identical to Windows Explorer of Windows 7
unless you've customized it.  If you wish to customize it under Windows 10, see:

* Changing Your Folder View in File Explorer Using a Screen Reader (
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B98uELZbPFnObDAzdHBmeT
R2c3c
)

I would also strongly suggest you join the Windows 10 for Screen
Reader User's group.  Send an e-mail to win10+help@win10.groups.io to
get all the details.
--

Brian *-* Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134

   The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing in
the right place but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.

          ~ Dorothy Nevill

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the
SUBJECT line.