Re: Windows 10 Question

g user

Thank you I was going a little crazy:

Trying to use Operating system-MS windows 10 with Office 2016;however,
Jaws is not navigating like the computer I am used to which is Office
windows 7 with office 2010.Any suggestions to change the new office
and windows to be more user friendly?

You can't, at least not in any meaningful and comprehensive way.   You are
far better off spending your time and energy to learn the Windows 10 user
interface which is really not all that much different from earlier versions
of Windows in many respects.

The above being said, Classic Shell ( http://classicshell.net/ ) is still
functioning under Windows 10.  Since it is no longer in active development
it is almost certain that it will eventually break, which is why I do not
recommend using it.  I also just think it's a bad idea trying to make one
operating system user interface "pretend" to be that of another because if
you ever have to use another Windows 10 computer, and you will, you will be
lost.

I also strongly suggest that most screen reader users use desktop shortcuts
as their primary interface for the programs they use most and use the
built-in Cortana search (even if her personal digital assistant feature is
disabled) by hitting Windows Key and typing in the name of the program or
keywords for the setting or partial name of a document, etc., you're looking
for and it's likely to show up at or near the top of the search results
list.

There are some slight changes regarding how desktop shortcuts are created
for built-in universal apps.  It's not difficult.  See:

* Adding Desktop Shortcuts Under Windows 10 (
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B98uELZbPFnOejZOVWlyRVBYYzg
)

File Explorer is virtually identical to Windows Explorer of Windows 7 unless
you've customized it.  If you wish to customize it under Windows 10, see:

* Changing Your Folder View in File Explorer Using a Screen Reader (
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B98uELZbPFnObDAzdHBmeTR2c3c
)

I would also strongly suggest you join the Windows 10 for Screen Reader
User's group.  Send an e-mail to win10+help@win10.groups.io to get all the
details.
--

Brian *-* Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134

   The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing in the
right place but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.

          ~ Dorothy Nevill