Re: Windows 10 Question

You can't, at least not in any meaningful and comprehensive way.   You are far better off spending your time and energy to learn the Windows 10 user interface which is really not all that much different from earlier versions of Windows in many respects.

The above being said, Classic Shell is still functioning under Windows 10.  Since it is no longer in active development it is almost certain that it will eventually break, which is why I do not recommend using it.  I also just think it's a bad idea trying to make one operating system user interface "pretend" to be that of another because if you ever have to use another Windows 10 computer, and you will, you will be lost.

I also strongly suggest that most screen reader users use desktop shortcuts as their primary interface for the programs they use most and use the built-in Cortana search (even if her personal digital assistant feature is disabled) by hitting Windows Key and typing in the name of the program or keywords for the setting or partial name of a document, etc., you're looking for and it's likely to show up at or near the top of the search results list.

There are some slight changes regarding how desktop shortcuts are created for built-in universal apps.  It's not difficult.  See:

File Explorer is virtually identical to Windows Explorer of Windows 7 unless you've customized it.  If you wish to customize it under Windows 10, see:

I would also strongly suggest you join the Windows 10 for Screen Reader User's group.  Send an e-mail to win10+help@win10.groups.io to get all the details.

          ~ Dorothy Nevill