Re: Using JAWS with Simian

John Covici

I don't know this software, but have you tried routing jaws to pc and
pushing the left mouse button (/ key on the numpad)?

Also, if this is your job, maybe use Aira.

On Thu, 09 Aug 2018 18:35:24 -0400,
Craig Cooper wrote:

Greetings,
I just started a new job at a radio station that uses Simian broadcast software. JAWS will read most of the events on the log (songs, sweepers, commercials, etc.) However, I am struggling with how to interact with the program, using
the keyboard. If I need to replace a song or make some other change to the on-air log, the keyboard won't do it. The other DJs use the mouse to make changes. The left mouse button on the keyboard does nothing. When I arrow down, the
events are highlighted, but hitting enter or pressing the spacebar does nothing. The Applications key does nothing, as well. If anybody has any suggestions, they would be appreciated. Thank you very much. Craig

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@...