From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Thursday, August 9, 2018 9:17 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: IE vs. "Chrome"

On Thu, Aug 9, 2018 at 12:00 PM, Sharon wrote:

Is there a way to export IE favorites into either Firefox or Google Chrome?

The simple, snarky version of the answer is, "Yes."

The slightly more complex, but incomplete one, is exactly how you will do it depends on whether you already have Firefox or Chrome installed or not.  Both Firefox and Chrome (and virtually any alternative web browser I've dealt with during the last 5 years, at least) will ask as part of their install process if you wish to import favorites from browsers it detects are already installed on your system.  You can choose to import them and they will automagically be in the bookmarks for that newly installed browser.

If you installed Firefox or Chrome as your backup browser a long while ago, but didn't bother to import then, you can use the export function from the bookmarks/favorites manager of the other browser and the import function under Firefox, Chrome, or other alternate browser and there they'll be [including your folder structure, if you've used one].

          ~ Dorothy Nevill