Re: Backup

On Thu, Aug 9, 2018 at 06:07 PM, John Covici wrote:
As I said before, this only works like that when I initiate the
restore from windows
And as I said before, that's not, by a long shot, the way most people who need a full system recovery are able to initiate it.

You're doing a "convenience" restore, and there's nothing wrong with that.  It is not the same thing, at all, as using the same recovery tools (e.g., Macrium, AOMEI, EaseUS) when you are doing so because you've had a HDD failure, where a new one is needed, or where the HDD gets some sort of horrible infection/corruption.  Most recoveries for individuals who are not accustomed to playing with a computer in an uncharacteristically sophisticated way are disaster recoveries.

Those all get started by booting from some alternate bootable media (usually a USB jump drive or optical media) into a bare bones OS, without screen reader support of any sort, and initiating the recovery from the backup drive to the corrupted drive or the replacement drive, if there was a failure in the original boot disc's electronics or platters.

          ~ Dorothy Nevill