Re: Backup

Gerald Levy

So you expect me to believe that all you did was create a rescue CD using Reflect, then popped it into your DVD drive, and boom, just like that without any sighted help or intervention of any kind, your computer was restored to normal from the backup image stored on your external hard drive?  No way. There is always a user interface on a CD, unless it is a music CD, which will begin playing when you insert it into the DVD drive.  But I have never heard of a rescue CD automatically restoring a backup image without some kind of user intervention.

Gerald

Sent: Thursday, August 09, 2018 1:33 PM
Subject: Re: Backup

On Thu, Aug 9, 2018 at 01:20 PM, Gerald Levy wrote:
the Macrium rescue disk boots into Linix.
No, it most certainly does not, at least not in any default installation for Windows I've ever seen or recovery I've ever done.   In fact, as part of setting up Macrium for the first time, you have to download Windows PE if you don't already have it in order to make the recovery disc.

          ~ Dorothy Nevill